SCARF DAY 9TH FEBRUARY 2024
Wear Your Scarf to School day supports Children's Mental Health Week which is 5-11th Feb in 2024.
The theme of Children’s Mental Health Week this year is My Voice Matters!
At the start of your Wear Your Scarf to School day pupils discussed what their scarfs represented and if their scarf says something special about them. Pupils linked their ideas to the SCARF values.
- SAFETY - some scarves will be warm and comforting, helping to keep someone snug and safe in very cold weather!
- CARING - some scarves might have been a present from a special person; they'll help make someone feel cared for. Wearing a scarf as part of religious faith can also help someone to feel cared for.
- ACHIEVEMENT - some scarves might be part of a club, perhaps a sports team. These are waved when a club achieves (e.g. when a football team scores a goal!) They also show when someone belongs to something.
- RESILIENCE - a football team's scarf can also help someone to remember that they can still support a team even if it's not doing well; they can show resilience when bouncing back from defeat or disappointment.
- FRIENDSHIP - maybe some scarves were a gift from a friend and this makes them extra special