Hillingdon Family Information Service
Hillingdon Family Information Service (FIS) offers free, confidential and impartial information and support to Hillingdon families of children and young people.
Support for children:
- Bereavement support
- Self Esteem support
- Anger Management support
- One to one mentoring
- Support children who are on any level of child protection – emotional support
- Support children to improve behaviour in classroom and in the playground
- Support vulnerable children to improve attendance – collect children from family home and bring them to school.
- Circle of friends – support children with friendship issues
Support for families:
- Bereavement support
- Form filling DLA for children, benefits support, PIP etc
- Housing support – liaising with Housing or writing letters of support
- Referrals to Young Carers, Counselling for themselves or play therapy for children, Early Intervention team, parenting courses and any other services of support
- Advocacy – attend GP with parents, MEAD House, ARCH and any other supportive services
- Provide emotional support for parents whose children are subject to any level of child protection
- Parenting support on a one to one basis
- Liaise with GROW programme – sending out letters to parents to invite them to GROW programme and filling out any relevant forms at the end of programme.
- Coffee morning - good way to meet new people as well as discuss things that are worrying you as a parent as well as meet like-minded parents or those in similar situations to yourself.
- General emotional support for parents who may be going through a divorce or family upset
There are also some agencies within Hillingdon, which you can contact independently should you wish to do so, who might be able to help and provide the support for your family. We at HPS can also signpost you to these services.
Hillingdon Families' Information Service provide information on a wide range of services including:
- Childcare and the options available
- Help with childcare costs
- Free early years education for three- and four-year olds
- Free early years education for 40% of two-year olds
- Childcare brokerage services
- Family support services
- Activities and clubs for children and young people
- Services for children with disabilities and additional needs
- Sure-Start Children’s Centres
Information and support services are available Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm. Assistance can be provided by telephone, email or face to face at our London Borough of Hillingdon Council office in Uxbridge. The team also provide information and guidance at regular outreach events within the community.
The Family Information Service has created and maintain an online Family Information Directory at www.hillingdon.gov.uk/families - if you need help finding an activity, group or service within the London Borough of Hillingdon, the directory can help. It provides information about both local and national organisations and services of interest to children, young people, parents and professionals working with children or young people.
The website also hosts the London Borough of Hillingdon's SEND Local Offer, which provides information relevant to children and young people with special educational needs or a disability aged from 0 to 25 years old.